Tacoma has plenty of options for "downsizing". A popular choice is condos and there are plenty to choose from. A recent favorite of mine is Narrows Reach. Situated on the West side of Tacoma this complex has condos and townhouses. If you aren't quite ready to live in a condo, the townhouses are a great option. My clients purchased one recently that was single-level, over 1300 sq/ft with a master suite, guest bedroom/bathroom, great room and attached garage. With plenty of grass to enjoy (and an HOA to take care of it) this complex is a great "downsizing" option. Located close to Pearl St, it is within walking distance of grocery stores, coffee shops, the YMCA and Highway 16.
One of the most frequent questions I get when families relocate to Tacoma is "How do I entertain my pre-schooler when it rains?!" Here are some of the local hot spots!
1. Morgan Family YMCA – Family Gym 6 days a week, gymnastics and swimming all included in the price of your child's membership…plus many more activities available! https://www.ymcapkc.org/morgan-family-ymca/
2. Tacoma Childrens Museum – Playscapes abound, crafts and plenty of places to climb. Thanks to a generous donation from Key Bank, this museum is free and donations are accepted at the door https://www.playtacoma.org/
3. Star Center – Indoor playground with plenty of room to run and jump. Daily fee or memberships available. http://www.metroparkstacoma.org/treetops/
4. Frog n' Kiwi Cafe UPlay Town Center – Spaces to climb, slide and hide and plenty of toys to play with. Great spot to grab a coffee and watch your kids play (Charge per visit). https://www.facebook.com/UPlayTownCenter
This Craftsman home checked all the "boxes" and sold under 400k!
- Master on Main
- Finished basement with bedroom and 3/4 bath, exterior access and legal egress
- 5 bedrooms with a 3/4 to full bath on all 3 floors
- New roof, updated wiring and plumbing
- New windows with classic wooden shutters
- Garage, organic gardens, deck and fully fenced backyard
- Nestled in the Proctor District. Zoned to Washington Elementary and Mason Middle School
- Walkable and easy commute to Seattle!
Check out this unique property! Over half an acre of secluded view property with lush grounds and a view of the water. This rare property is located close to premier schools, shopping, golf and is nestled in a gated community in UP. The house, which was custom built in 2000, has been meticulously maintained and features main floor living. Looking for more square footage? The outdoor entertaining space doubles the living space for this home. Practice your putts, relax on a tree swing, plenty of room to add a pool AND a trampoline! http://listings.windermerepc.com/idx/details/listing/a045/818043/9110-65th-St-Ct-W-University-Place-WA?widgetReferer=true
|Looking to grow all of your produce organically yet still have quick access to Downtown Tacoma? This is it! A completely remodeled craftsman with an organic garden oasis! Enjoy the fruits (and vegetables!) of your labor while cooking in the beautifully tiled eat-in kitchen, complete with new appliances and stainless steel countertops. This home is featured on Pinterest with it's custom built-in storage options throughout the home and garage. Refinished fir floors complete the classic craftsman look.|
|*** Update, this home went pending after just 5 days on the market!***|
A fully remodeled home showcasing Feng Shui principals to create harmony throughout.
- The entryway allows for friends and family to come in, enjoy the breathtaking view and then graciously flow throughout the home.
- An abundance of windows channels light and energy.
- The master bedroom is located adjacent to the private courtyard with a water feature to provide peaceful nourishing energy to support deep sleep
- Lush landscaping surrounds the home while still allowing for ample space to play or relax.
- A gourmet kitchen flows seemlessly into multiple entertaining spaces.
- Fully updated with energy efficient heating, cost saving plumbing, low E windows and a tankless water heater.
- Close proximity to Chambers Bay Golf Course, UP Town Center and the newly completed Whole Foods grocery store.
University Place is known for its highly-rated schools, and Olympic Boulevard for its breathtaking view of the sunset.